Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Never a dull moment

Kyle is always saying something to make me smile. Here are a few funny moments with my little man.

MONDAY: crying this from his room, from where he is suppose to be napping:

Kyle: "Bee-wax, Mommy, Bee-wax!"
Mommy: "What honey? I don't understand what you are saying."
Kyle: "Bee-wax, Mommy" this time he is pointing at his door.
Mommy: "Kyle, why don't you show Mommy what you mean."
Kyle: goes to his door & points out the hallway- "Mommy, I want to go lay on the couch, watch a movie & bee-wax."
Mommy: giggling this time- "Oh, I get it you want to RELAX!"
Kyle:"Uh-huh!" with a sigh of relief because Mommy finally got it!

A FEW SATURDAYS AGO:

Kyle and Mommy "bee-waxing" on the floor & watching a movie (again, not wanting to take a nap that day)just laying there next to each other. He has his pillow and beloved blankie, we are snuggled in together. The rule is, we don't get up, it's not play time, we are relaxing. If we get up, we have to go in our rooms & lay in our beds. After a few minutes of relaxing, Kyle turns to me & whispers, "Mommy?" Mommy, full aware that he is going to ask if relaxing is all done, I answer him in a sort of monotone answer, "Yes, Kyle." Looking me square in the eyes & with full sincerity says, "I love you." My heart melted. Looking back into those soft brown eyes, I said "I love you too, Kyle." My heart ached after that, I felt the same way I did the day he was born; fully aware that my heart was forever his.

ALL THE TIME:

Kyle LOVES to play the guitar, sing & absolutely LOVES to listen to music. One of his favorite songs is a Matt Redman song, the chorus is what he always belts out.
These are the lyrics "Oh no, you never let go, thru the calm & thru the storm Oh no, you never let go, every high & every low, Oh no you never let go, Lord you never let go of me."

Kyle's interpretation: (keep in mind he says "w" for "l")
"Oh, no, wet get go, to the calm & to the store, Oh, no, wet get go, every high, every wo, oh no, wet get go,Ward, never wet go me."




1 comments:

Deb said...

do you just want to squeeze his little guts out???? WHAT a doll. What a blessing!