Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All about the Veggies....


The whole gang piled into the van for a little drive to the Bellevue library. Why Bellevue since I live in Millard? Oh that topic is in & of itself worth another blog, but long story short; I live a block south of 132nd & Harrison, so I am considered Sarpy county, I am considered outside city limits and "my taxes are not paying to support a library", so therefore we are banned from ANY library; unless of course we PAY to go. $45 for a year. Ridiculous. My sweet mother-in-law bought us libraries cards to the one in Bellevue. I am so close to getting Mike McKnight from Channel 6 involved. ;)

Back to the family event. We go into the library & go our seperate ways. Dan to audio books, Mom & tots to kids section. Kyle picks out a few books, but spots, like he always does, a HUGE stuffed tiger & proceeds to wrestle it on the floor. Nice. Hailey eggs him on, by making her "I am excited" raptor noise from the likes of her stroller. I politely quiet them down & ask Kyle if he wants to look at some DVD's they have. They always have a TON of Veggietales, Bob the Builder, Thomas, all his favorites. He looks at a few and says "Mommy, I want this one." I look at it and it's the "Snoodle's Tale"a Veggiestales one. It looks a little cheesy & girly. So I asked "Are you sure you want this one?" hoping he will get a different one. He says no, so I said ok.

We watched it at my in-laws that night. My mother-in-law told me they watched this once at a women's thing at church once & it brought her to tears. I thought, Really, a kid's video, seriously?! A few days later, we watched it again at home. On the video it has a different story, a silly song & then the Snoodles tale. This time I thought ok I will watch it this time. This story is maybe 10 minutes & I was in awe. What an amazing story. I cried & felt the love of God, as if I was a little girl watching it. This little snoodle is told he is ugly, no good, not worth it. With his "backpack" full of all the nasty pictures that all his "friends" tell him he looks like, he is so weighed down & sad, that he climbs a mountain to be alone. On top of this mountain he finds a "man". The man takes all the nasty pictures & throws them into the fire & gives him a picture he drew of what he thinks the little snoodle looks like. The snoodle is handsome, strong & radiant, just the way the man sees him! He puts that picture in the snoodles backpack, which is rather large & he thinks it's too heavy for him. But the "man" reassures him it's rather light & not burdensome. The snoodle flaps his wings & soars off the mountain, FREE from all the heaviness he had once carried! What a glorious picture! I was undone & from a little kid's video?! I recommend watching it. Kyle was really intigued by the whole thing. Really trying to understand all the different emotions in it.

It made me think of all the pictures I carry with me. All the little remarks that have been thrown my way & I have just thrown them right into my backpack, believing they were suppose to be a part of me. Not knowing any better. My backpack began to be really heavy, too much for me to bear. I was feeling the weight on my shoulders & ready to give up hope of EVER finding a way out. I was hopeless. Feeling like a failure. One day when I was at my worst, I was given a glimpes of hope. Hope that I could one day meet a "man" that would forever change my world. That would restore my soul and give me a new life. What? How can this be?A God that cares that much about me?But he does. He shows me everyday how much he loves me. He reminds me in the way Dan looks at me. I have never been loved the way my hasband loves me. He reminds me of how much He loves me by letting me be the mother of my two beautiful miracles. Watching Kyle sing, brings joy to my heart & watching Hailey, sleep so peacefully is refreshing. He is a good God and I am overwhelmed by His faithfulness to me. What an amazing God I serve. Thank you Jesus, for allowing me to see the real picture. You are an amazing artist.

1 comments:

Deb said...

What a great story and testimony of Jesus' love and the way He frees!! I loved it!

I'm sure you probably know this...La Vista has a GREAT library you could use. We lived at 144 & Harrison for 11 years and for a while, I actually faked an address so we could use the Millard library. When I finally listened to the Lord and repented =), I checked out La Vista. It is awesome. Kind of a new bldg. Lots of great resources. I have not been there in 8 yrs....but when we used it, it was free to Sarpy residents. Love your blog!