Monday, January 26, 2009

Carbs, Carbs, wonderful carbs


Dan got the wonderful idea to steal borrow his mom's bread-maker. He has had the inkling to make his own bread. Honey Oat Wheat bread; that was the first batch. Not bad, but a little dense. The bread people, geez. I wouldn't talk like that to you all about my husband! ;)We think it may need a hint of more honey and may try next time to mix and match the flours. We used all wheat flour and some recipes I see called for 1/2 wheat, 1/2 white. So, mental note for next time.
Attempt #2 is in the making: sweet rolls. Yeah, you said it, my mouth is watering and all I smell is the dough, nothing even IN the oven. This is my husband's new obsession my husband's new passion and I am on board. Knife and a slab of butter waiting right along with me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

um, yes. just a suggestion: if you ever become overrun with sweet rolls, maybe bring some of that carbtastic stuff to book club? just a thought, haha. :) i LOVE the smell of sweet dough rising!

steve and randel hambrick said...

oh the price we pay to support our husbands....
:)



p.s. can I come to book club???? pretty please???

Deb said...

i cannot think of many things more comforting during a dark, cold, midwest winter than the whole bread-baking experience. i'll be right over. =)